Access rules of the HSE University supercomputer complex
- The resources of the HSE University supercomputer complex are intended to support basic research and an educational process development, also to perform scientific and practical projects that require the use of supercomputer system.
- Note that the supercomputer is used remotely.
- Use HPC resources only for solving problems as part of a research project specified during registration and only within approved requests.
- Access to supercomputer resources is carried out within the time agreed upon. If it is necessary to extend the use of the system, you must send an appropriate application which is considered in general order.
- Students taking an academic discipline are registered by teacher; Then students accounts (ex. student-1...student-N) are created for one semester: teacher matches accounts and assigns them to students independently.
- Passwords, access keys and your account details sharing is forbidden.
- Users are fully responsible for licenses purity of software they install, also for compliance of their use with the current Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation.
- User independently provides a backup of his or her data. Long-term storage of data which are used for calculations is prohibited.
- At the end of the project users independently have to transfer data to their own storage. Note that after 3 months from the date of work completion, as well as there is no renewal of the resource use, the supercomputer frees from your data without restoring it.
- In publications author should refer to the use of HSE University HPC resources: «This research was supported in part through computational resources of HPC facilities at HSE University» or «Исследование выполнено с использованием суперкомпьютерного комплекса НИУ ВШЭ».
- According to the results of the project applicants obliged to provide a progress report within 10 working days from the date expiry work. If the period of works moves to the next calendar year, report no later than December 15 this year.
- Supercomputer Modeling Unit is able to collect progress reports from users if it is necessary to draw up unscheduled reports for the rectorate.
- Every last working day of the month (Mon-Fri) from 9:30 to 18:00, the task queue pauses and access to users closes for scheduled maintenance to ensure that users have stable operation of the supercomputer for a whole period. If the tasks support restart, they are restarted after the end of maintenance, otherwise they are canceled.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.